Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Veggie Lasagna

So this is really the only lasagna I make these days because it's my mom's and I can remember it in my head. I need to find a meat one. Jordan likes it so you know that it's gotta be good even though there is no meat in it. (shocking I know)

9 Lasagna noodles
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I like the four cheese classico)
shredded mozzarella cheese on top (3/4 cup)

Filling:
1 1/2 big carrots grated
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and water squeezed out of it)
1 small carton of large curd cottage cheese
1-2 eggs (1 if large, 2 if medium)
2 tsp salt and pepper
1 Tbsp marjoram
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

cook noodles. Mix filling in large bowl. Layer 9x13 pan with 3 large spoonfuls of sauce, spread around on bottom of pan. Put 3 noodles, then layer sauce again. Put down 1/2 of filling, spread out. Layer 3 more noodles, sauce, rest of filling. Put final 3 noodles, sauce, and top with cheese.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until bubbling. Goes great with garlic french bread.

No comments: