Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shredded BBQ

I just wanted to post one more shredded BBQ beef recipe that is similar to the sweet pork. This recipe reminds me of a meal that was brought to us when Ashlyn was born. It is simple to make, tasty and it freezes well. I love having it for left overs or to send with Adam for lunch. I freeze some and then when I am ready to use it I just put it in the fridge the night before or I have even put it in the crock pot frozen. If you reheat it in the crock pot just be careful not to let the meat dry out. It makes great sandwiches or serve it over rice.
Shredded BBQ
3-4 lb. chuck roast *also great with pork roast or chicken
1 C. ketchup
3 T. Dijon mustard
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. balsamic vinegar
½ C. brown sugar
2 T. hot sauce
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. lemon pepper
½ t. ground ginger
1 t. salt
½ t. black pepper

Rinse and pat dry your meat. Place it in a large crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Pour over meat in crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. When the roast is done, remove it from the crock pot and shred. Return the shredded meat to the crock pot and mix into the juices. Allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes with the lid off. Serve on buns or over rice.

No comments: