Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fried Ice Cream

I didn't get this recipe from Karen but I think it is very similar. I got this recipe a few years ago from a girl I went to school with. I had never made it but after the family reunion I decided to make it. It is very SWEET. You may want to make your own adjustments to fit your liking. I personally think next time I make it I may decrease the brown sugar by 1/4 cup and mix in a bit more rice crispies (which might require more butter). Here is the original recipe:
Fried Ice Cream
3 c. rice crispies
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. coconut
1 cube butter
Melt butter and add brown sugar. Mix in other ingredients. Put 1/2 in 9 x 13 pan. Spread 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream on top and sprinkle remaining mixture on top. Freeze.

*I tried it like this but I think next time I will just have them seperate. (I like to be able to choose my topping to ice cream ratio. Maybe it comes from working at Caspers!!)