Saturday, July 17, 2010

Brady's Favorite Baked Beans

I got this recipe from a cooking class at Kitchen Kneads that mom and I went to. Brady loves it and every time we have anyone over for a BBQ he asks to make my "special" baked beans.

1 21 oz can Pork and Beans
1 onion, finely chopped
1 12 oz bottle ketchup
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1/8 cup molasses
1/8 cup sweet gherkin juice (any pickle juice will do, I usually just use dill pickle juice)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to tase
1/2 lb bacon

Combine everything in a 2-quart casserole dish. I like to cook the bacon and crumble it before adding it so that it is less greasy, but you can add it raw or lay it across the top of the beans. Cover with lid or aluminum foil. Bake @ 350 for 1 and 1/2 hours. Remove foil for last 30 minutes of baking. Serve hot or cold.

No comments: