Thursday, June 9, 2011

Easy sweet and sour meatballs

Sweet and Sour Meatballs (or mini Sausages)

I got this recipe from one of my mission companions but have forgotten about it until I saw it on a blog so I made it last night for dinner and it was good. Also a very easy recipe for potlucks or other get togethers.

1 12 oz jar Chili Sauce (you can find this by the ketchup at the grocery store. I recommend using Hienz brand over the store brand)
1 16-18oz jar grape jelly*
2lb frozen meatballs or 2-3 packages cocktail sausages

*note that you could use the smaller jar of jelly instead, I think it’s more like 10oz. I like the sweetness of the 18oz jar, but you could make it less sweet with the small jar if you prefer.

Put the ingredients in a crockpot and cook for 2-5 hours on low. Serve with toothpicks for an appetizer or serve meatballs over rice for a quick dinner.

No comments: